Women’s Retreat – April 21-23, 2017
Join us at Casa de Maria in Santa Barbara for a weekend of reflection, rest, relationships – and fun!
For more information, contact Chris Duryee, email@example.com.
NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW! NEW!
Join Kristin Leucht (WED PM) or Heather Henry (FRI AM) for a discussion of the book “Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living” by Shanua Niequist. Optional study guide available for $8. RSVP/INFO: Kristin@lacanadapc.org.
Evening + Song = Evensong. Ladies, come to a special hour of worship for and by women. This hour of song, sharing and scripture, is a special time to slow down and provide space for connecting with God. Visit with familiar friends and meet new ones! Childcare is free, but please call to reserve. Come early to enjoy treats, and also… to get a good seat! Invite a friend who is spiritually curious.
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women in the Word
Monday mornings from 9:30-11:00am.
A fellowship and Bible study for women of all ages. Join us as Rev. Dr. Peter Hintzoglou leads us through 1 Corinthians.
For information, contact Lee Johnson, 818-790-6972; Shirley Myers, 818-790-1528; Martha Brumfield, 818-952-1374.
- Community Bible Study
Mondays, 9:30-11AM, Fellowship Hall
All women are invited to join us as we study Galatians and Philippians. Child care provided.
INFO: Leslie Kim, (818) 355-2805, email@example.com
- Women’s Bible Study
Fridays, 9:30-11AM, Room 310, Demarest Family Life Center
All women are welcome in this study of the Gospel of Luke, following along with the Sunday sermon series and the study questions provided in the bulletin each week. Babysitting available by reservation ($10/child). Please contact Heather Henry, (818) 790-6708, X252 no later than the Wednesday before each meeting to make your reservation.
INFO: Heather Henry, firstname.lastname@example.org
- womengathering Pilates Class
Pilates classes for women meets Wednesdays at 10:30/Fridays at 9:30 in Fellowship Hall.
INFO: Mary Emily Myers, email@example.com or Mary Troy (818) 381-1942
- Moms of Kids with Special Needs. For information, contact Ann Anderson at (626) 305-2516, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES: Women Serving Women
Volunteer at one of LCPC’s ministry partners that serve women.
- Elizabeth House: women can host a baby shower for a house resident who is pregnant. Buy gifts off her registry and then join a festive celebration of new life and God’s grace.
- Olive View Hospital women join with salon professionals to provide wigs and makeovers to female cancer patients. Pray and eat lunch with the women and experience God’s restoration together.
- Walter Hoving Home : Join a group of LCPC women who regularly volunteer. Prepare and eat lunch with the residents and hear their remarkable stories of transformation.
- Casa de Alegria: Make dinner for 15 women and their children who reside there. Deliver and/or eat with them and hear about God’s work in their lives.