NEIGHBORHOOD DAY CAMP (NDC) — JULY 24-28
- July 24-28, 2017: 9 AM – 4 PM
- Children 4 yrs old* by 6/1/17 – 12 years old
- Cost: $225/child, includes a t-shirt (scholarships available)
- Join us for 35 hours of recreation, Bible curriculum, worship experiences, high energy music and large groups facilitated by highly trained staff in partnership with church staff and volunteers. More info below.
- This year campers will join the story of our character who goes back in time to join a knight and a court jester on the journey of bringing back the pieces of their kingdom’s crest. We will learn about our individual role in God’s big story!
Here are just some of the few recreation options that are offered:
- Junior Double Splash Slide (inflatable water slide)
- Surf the Wave II (inflatable slip ‘n slide)
- Monster Obstacle Course Inflatable
- 25-ft Climbing Wall
- Spider Mountain
- 9 Square-in-the-Air
- Climbing Rope
- Nature Craft
- Group Games
- Gaga Ball
- …and more!
*Children must be 4 years old and potty trained
- Register each child online here
- Pay on the computer via credit card or to us with cash or check (if you choose to use a credit card the fees are an additional $5 per child)
- Complete a Forest Home permission slip online for each child here (medical info including tetanus date required)
- Consider Volunteering, see options below.
REFUND POLICY: If you need to cancel after registering $175 is refundable before July 1 or 100% if we can fill the spot from the waiting list.
PREPARING FOR CAMP
Thank you for choosing to send your child to Forest Home’s Neighborhood Day Camp. We look forward to this week with your child, and we appreciate you entrusting your child to our care.
As with every Forest Home camp, your child’s safety is our first priority. Each staff member and volunteer is trained in camper safety and protection, and their assigned program responsibilities. All adults involved in Neighborhood Day Camp have undergone a careful screening process.
We understand that you will likely have some questions about the experience of Neighborhood Day Camp for your child. If your question is not answered in the FAQs below, please contact your church (Melanie Bee, firstname.lastname@example.org 818.790.6708) or me, Katie Ramsey, Forest Home Staff, via phone at 909.435.7170 or email:email@example.com. We are blessed and excited to get to know you and your child throughout the week we have together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I register my child on the first day of camp?
In order to best serve you and your child, registration must be completed no later than the Monday prior to the start of your week of Neighborhood Day Camp.
Do we have to be members of LCPC to attend?
You do not need to be members of La Canada Presbyterian Church in order to attend Neighborhood Day Camp. The camp experience is open to all 4 year olds-6th grade children depending on availability.
Do you offer a multi-child discount for families?
We do not have a multi-child discount. However, limited scholarships are available for families who do not have the financial means to enroll a child in Neighborhood Day Camp. Please contact Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
What should my child bring every day?
Please pack a bag with:
- Sack Lunch
- Water Bottle
- Bathing Suit
- Change of Clothes (just in case)
- Shoes that can get wet (sandals with heel strap are okay; no flip flops please)
- Do not bring toys, cell phones, MP3 players, or any other valuable items.
What should my child wear?
- Your child will be making a tie dye shirt during this week. Their hands will get dye on them, and it will wash off. While we do our best to keep the dye from getting on clothes and shoes, drips may occur. Send them in clothes that can get messy.
- Weather-appropriate clothing that can get dirty and may get wet. This is camp, after all!
- Shoes or sandals with a heel strap so that your child can run and play safely.
- We have theme days for your child to earn spirit points for his or her team:
- Wednesday – Wacky Wednesday! IDEAS: BRIGHT colors, crazy hair, silly hats, tacky clothes, backwards/inside out clothing, superhero costume
- Friday – Wear camp tie dye t-shirt
What does a typical day look like?
|2:15-2:50pm||Small Group & Snack|
Will you provide medical care on site?
At a minimum, we will have a trained medic who is certified in CPR & First Aid.
What time is drop-off and pick-up?
- Drop-off on Monday takes a bit more time than the rest of the week. We will open at 8:45 a.m. for you to check in your child, complete forms, and make final payment (cash or check to the ministry). You will also have the opportunity to meet your child’s counselor and crew lead.
- Drop-off Tuesday – Friday is 8:45 until 9:00 a.m. You can drop off your child at the curb or walk them into their crew locations.
- Pick-up is 4:00 p.m. every day except Friday. The person picking up your child will need to show his/her picture ID, and sign out your child from our staff every day. Only adults who are listed in your check-in sheet Monday will be able to take your child out of our care.
- Friday at 4:00pm, we have our closing celebration! This is an opportunity for you to witness more of your child’s week through a large group time and hear directly from your counselor and child about their experience. This celebration will be over by 5 p.m. when you will check out your child from their small group celebration.
IN ORDER TO KEEP COSTS LOW, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS:
- Volunteers must be 14 years old or older.
- Ways to Volunteer:
- Host Home: Campers would be thrilled to have some counselors staying at their house! Host homes will provide breakfasts and 2 dinners during the week. Hosting takes place as early as Friday PM through the following Saturday AM. Host homes must have a minimum of 2 staff per house and for privacy they need to have a room with a door. They are allowed to share a room but not a bed.
- Purchase, Prepare and/or Serve Lunch: The church is responsible for preparation & provision of lunch for Forest Home staff members Monday-Friday. Serve by making a meal, donating the cost or donating food for lunch. (Children bring their own lunch).
- Medical Volunteer: Be on campus during camp for 4 hours or more for camper safety and camper care. Person(s) must be a medical professional (EMT, RN, MD, PA, etc.).
- Monday Registration: Volunteers will help check-in campers and welcome them to their first day of camp on Monday morning, 8:15-9:30 AM at most.
- Small Group Assistant: Be on campus during the week assisting the Forest Home staff with a group of campers. (Must be 14 years old or older)
- Special Needs Buddies: Some children with special needs require 1:1 attention for a successful week of being included in camp. Group liaison and Forest Home Program Director will determine this need on a case by case basis.
- PLEASE NOTE: Each volunteer/counselor is mandated by the state of California to complete a Voluntary Disclosure Guest Leader/Counselor Form. According to State requirements, every adult and/or counselor with reasonable opportunity to supervise a minor to be background checked by camps like Forest Home (if your counselor is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign). As such, Forest Home reserves the right to disqualify and deny attendance of any adult, leader, or counselor (of any age), at any time prior to or during the conference. If an adult, leader, or counselor is disqualified, your group will be required to provide an alternate counselor.
For even more info check out Forest Home’s site here.
REFUND POLICY: If you need to cancel after registering all but $30/ child is refundable before July 17 or 100% if we can fill the spot from the waiting list.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL (VBS) — JUNE 19-23, 2017
**We are taking names for our waiting list because we have maxed out spaces for the number of volunteers we currently have. Please email Heather (email@example.com) to be added to the waiting list.
- June 19-23, 2017: 9 AM – 12:15 PM (9 AM – noon for pre-K & K)
- Children 4 yrs old by 9/1/17 – entering 6th grade
- Cost: $50/child, includes a t-shirt (scholarships available)
Take kids on awesome adventures alongside some of their favorite Bible heroes and discover the qualities that make us truly heroic in God. VBS Hero Central uses epic music, spectacular science, crafty crafts, heroic recreation, and fantastic Bible stories to help kids (and leaders) discover their strength in God!
Registration is NOT complete until you:
- Sign up to volunteer. We require each family to volunteer in order to keep our costs low. Sign up here.
- Register each child online here.
- Pay on the computer via credit card
- Turn in a permission slip for each child (Permission Slip). This can be scanned and emailed or brought in person to the church office.
*A note to program volunteers: A special 3 year old class is available to volunteers who serve during the day at VBS, please be ready to register your 3 year old if you are volunteering (cost $52/child). There is also free childcare available on campus for infants- 2 year olds while their parent is volunteering.
*Scholarships are available- please don’t let finances be the reason for not sending your child.
If you need to cancel after registering 50% is refundable before June 1 or 100% if we can fill the spot from the waiting list.
Questions? Contact Heather Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 790-6708 x252