- This event has passed.
Parent Ed Express Class: Raising Thrivers
March 15 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until March 29, 2022
NEW PARENT EXPRESS CLASS WITH TRACY TOBIAS
TUESDAYS, March 15, 22, 29, 7:00– 8:30 PM REGISTER HERE!
“Raising our Kids to become good human beings may be the most important role of our lives.” – Dr. Michelle Borba
Now, more than ever, it’s imperative that we raise children who are resilient and able to thrive amidst the many challenges they face in life – now and in the future. Parents spend much of their efforts nurturing the talents that lead to “STRIVING”, but what about the skills needed for “THRIVING”? Join this three week Parent Express class led by Parent Educator, Tracy Tobias and dive deep into the book THRIVERS by psychologist Michelle Borba. With much opportunity for discussion, the class will focus on how parents can help build seven character traits that lead to more resilient and successful lives.
• Self-confidence: Using personal strengths to find purpose and meaning.
• Empathy: Understanding and sharing another’s feelings while acting compassionately.
• Self-control: Managing stress, delaying gratification, and strengthening focus.
• Integrity: Adhering to a strong moral code, thinking ethically, and leading a moral life.
• Curiosity: Having an open mind and willingness to try new ideas, take risks, and innovate.
• Perseverance: Exhibiting fortitude, tenacity, and resolve to endure and bounce back.
• Optimism: Learning self-advocacy and encouraging hope.
“With the world in unprecedented distress, it is our job to make sure that our kids are prepared not only with high grades or prestigious college acceptances, but with the mental toughness, moral strength, and self-awareness that times of great challenge demand. If you add one book to your parenting bookshelf this year, make it Thrivers.”–Madeline Levine, Ph.D., author of The Price of Privilege, Teach Your Children Well, and Ready or Not
Best suited for parents of kids in grades K-12. Book not included.