Dear Prospective Children and Youth Ministry Intern,
- Thank you for your interest in our Intern Ministry program. The children and youth ministry staff is excited about what God is doing in this ministry and look forward to partnering with college-aged interns throughout the summer and school year. If you love God, children, students, games, Forest Home, pool parties, small groups, Bible studies, retreats and seeing kids (and yourself) grow spiritually then this may be a great opportunity for you.
- To apply, please complete the form linked below. We will send you confirmation that we received your application via the email address you provide. The Children and Youth Staff, Youth Ministry Support Team, and your references will all be involved in the selection process.
- AN APPLICATION IS NOT CONSIDERED COMPLETE UNTIL WE HAVE RECEIVED THE FILLED OUT REFERENCE FORM FROM YOUR THREE REFERENCES. We have made that even easier this year by putting it online. It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive your reference forms.
- If you have questions about the 5th/6th Internship, please contact James@lacanadapc.org
- If you have questions about the Junior High Internship, please contact James@lacanadapc.org
- If you have questions about the High School Internship, please contact Connor@lacanadapc.org
LCPC Youth Ministry Mission Statement
- The LCPC Youth Ministry exists to honor God in all we do, to invite students into Christian community, to support them through meaningful friendships, to help students grow closer to God, and to inspire each other to serve as Jesus did.
Purpose of Internship
- To provide Christ-centered mentorship/discipleship, training and education to interns by way of hands on ministry with students and leadership teams.
- Build relationships with kids and students
- Spend time with students outside of church scheduled events (going to dinner, ice cream, playing sports, etc.)
- Attend staff meetings and retreat(s)
- Growing and active relationship with Jesus
- Have a desire to pursue future ministry with students
- Work well as a team member
- High School Interns: Must have graduated from high school in 2010 or earlier.
- Junior High Interns: Must have graduated from high school in 2011 or earlier.
- 5th/6th Interns: Must have graduated high school in 2010 or earlier.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a willingness to drive students for events, camps, etc.
- Desire to learn and teachable spirit
- Pass a criminal and DMV background check
- High School Ministry Interns are accountable to the Directors of High School Ministry
- Junior High Ministry Interns are accountable to the Directors of Junior High Ministry
- 5th/6th Interns are accountable to both the Director of Junior High and the Director of Elementary